December has to be my favorite month, I just love Christmas. Something I don't love sometimes is having to buy presents. There's always a few individuals that I can't shop for. It's just too hard to find something that I know they will thoroughly enjoy. I have been taking notes for months now, of different things I think would be wonderful Christmas gifts. Hopefully these gifts will give you some inspiration when it comes to finding gifts for your loved ones.
1-2. The sneakers are called Apollo Moc by Native. There's so many color choices that I couldn't just share one with you. These shoes are made for men and women. They also have cute shoes for children.
3. This bag was given to me as a graduation present from G and I absolutely adore it. Thread and Paper is a small studio in Brooklyn that makes their bags by hand, which means you won't be walking down the street endlessly spotting your bag.
4-6. Another bag option for women that is less expensive and just as amazing in my opinion is L.L. Bean Leather Handle Boat and Tote II. A bag option for men is this everyday L.L. Bean Hunter's Tote Bag. I'm going to buy this bag for G. Another great bag is the L.L. Bean Adventure Duffle. G has had this duffle for years and uses it when we go on weekend trips.
7-9. An item that's a splurge but totally worth it is a Barbour. I've had my Barbour for almost a year now and it's one of my favorite jackets. I'm eyeing Barbour's Classic Beadnell Waxed Jacket. G has the Classic Bedale Waxed Jacket and loves it, he says it's a great fall and pre-winter jacket. Seriously every time he wear his Barbour I have to make a remark about how pretty it is and how much I want one.
9. G told me I had to put Harry's on the gift guide as a great gift for men. G has been using these shavers now and loves how great and inexpensive they are.
10. This Tile App is great. Tile app is a wonderful device that keeps tracks of your things. All you have to do is put the Tile app on/in something and from your phone it will tell you where it is.You can also find where your phone is using their website if you have misplaced it as well. It even rings to help you find something.
11. These Scrabble Letter pillow I think are a great addition to anyone's home. My sister bought me one from Dirtsastudio when we saw them at Brooklyn's Renegade Craft Fair.
12. This cooking book has to be my favorite thing on this guide. I have been reading OhDearDrea's blog for a while now and I absolutely love her and her family. Her blog is so genuine, she writes what she feels and makes you feel like you're chatting with a friend. Andrea recently wrote a cookbook called The Plantiful Table that has wonderful recipes that are good for you.
13-15. Coloring Books! I recently got my hands on Lost Ocean: An Inky Adventure and Coloring Book by Johanna Basford and love it! I'm currently eyeing Enchanted Forest by Johanna Basford as well as the Harry Potter Coloring Book by Scholastic. I'm super excited about the other Harry Potter coloring books that will be released next year.
16-18. This Christmas guide wouldn't be complete if I didn't include some books that would make great gifts for book lovers. With the Netflix original series Narcos blowing up , I invite you to read The Sound of Things Falling by Juan Gabriel Vasquez. This book is just so wonderful I can't really explain it. Juan Gabriel Vasquez introduces the effects the drug cartel had on Colombians.
Another book I think everyone should read is Year of Yes: How to Dance It Out, Stand In the Sun and Be Your Own Person by Shonda Rhimes. If you haven't figured it out by know I love everything Shonda Rhimes most specifically Grey's Anatomy! Rhimes writes a influential book that tells you to do something different and say yes to things that benefit you!
The last book I want to recommend is The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. If I'm being honest, it took me a while to finish this book because it was so good I didn't want it to end. Seriously, just go buy these books and pop a squat on the couch and call it a day!
*Note: Since Christmas can get expensive don't forget to shop through Ebates! If you're not a member sign up here to earn some cash back on your Christmas shopping. Most of these gifts on my guide can be bought through ebates. Once you're a member installing the Ebates button is also a life saver, it will let you know when you're on a website if there's any cash back you can earn and all you have to do is activate it*