First post, how exciting!
I thought the first post should be a classic, therefore I bring you awesome chocolate chip cookies! These cookies are chewy yet crunchy -- basically a great balance between chewy-soft and crispy (aka my favorite).
The recipe makes about 18 big or 22 moderately sized cookies.
You will need:
- 7 tablespoons Butter ( I use unsalted Kerrygold butter -- I love that it's made from grass-feed cow's milk!)
- 2/3 Cup Packed Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour ( I use King Arthur Flour, it's my favorite)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Cream butter and brown sugar. Make sure you do not over cream. If you do they will be so thin and just not as amazing as a thick chocolate chip cookie.
- Add egg and vanilla extract
- Mix in dry ingredients
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Bake at 350 F for 12-15 minutes*
- Allow to cool for a few minutes
* Note: Because it was extremely hot and humid the day I made these cookies, I chilled the dough for a couple of minutes. Then I scooped them using a ice cream scooper onto a lined baking tray.
Once the cookies have cooled, pour yourself a nice glass of milk and enjoy!
Would love to hear if you tried the recipe, let me know what you think!